Agew Community in Diaspora Press Release on the Current Conflict in Ethiopia
By Agew Community in Diaspora
Tigrai Online Nov. 9, 2020
We have learned that there is active war currently in parts of the country, particularly in Tigray and Oromia. Whoever starts the war we equivocally reject, condemn this useless war and rebuff any justification for the continuity of the war. The Agew community in Diaspora sees the situation in Ethiopia as dangerous and a disaster for the Ethiopian Nations & Nationalities and survival of the country as a nation. We feel that there is the risk of disintegration of the country, as well, further imminent human crisis and catastrophe for a fragile economy.
Therefore, we call:
- All warring parts and irresponsible media to refrain from further escalation of the situation.
- Release of all political prisoners immediately, unconditionally and hold a national conference on the crisis, to search for a mutual solution to the national crisis.
- Since the current crisis is related to constitutional crisis, it is imperative to set up a transitional period to restore the rule of law and trust among warring parties and stabilize the situation, to search for a durable and inclusive political solution.
- We also call all parties to refrain from targeting civilian populations such as arbitrary arrest, harassment, killings and other forms of mistreatment regardless of their political views or ethnic backgrounds.
- Also, we call foreign players to refrain from escalating in the current crisis, particularly the Government of Eritrea.
Agew Community in Diaspora
US, TX, Keller
November 8, 2020