Call for Tutors recruitment GSTS-MU program
4th Round GSTS-MU Summer Tutoring/Mentoring Program"
GSTS-MU press release
Tigrai Online, May 15, 2016
Global Society of Tigrean Scholars and Mekelle University Tutoring Mentoring program
As a continuation of the previous 2 consecutive years, GSTS (The Global Society of Tigrean Scholars (formerly known as TSAN) and MU (Mekelle University) summer program, GSTS and MU are now more than glad to announce that the program will continue for the coming summer with more number of participating students and additional value-added inspiring programs. So far, about 1,800 top rank high school and pre-college students from Tigrai high schools and preparatory schools have been benefited from the summer program. The main activities in the upcoming program include:
- Tutoring/Mentoring: for grade 10th and 12th students, those who will sit for national exam in 2017
- Science day/fair/exhibition
- Consultation services: such as on time management, study tips, exam mastering, proper usage of library resources etc.
- Educational visits: to local industries, dams, solar/wind farms, research centers, laboratories etc.
- Inspirational/motivational talks/conferences (e.g., on emerging fields, model success personalities etc.)
- Various Awards (e.g., to best performing students, tutors etc.)
- Best ideas/Science projects Award
In this regard, GSTS-MU would like to recruit a number of high scoring university (1st degree and above) students/graduates to serve as Tutors (teachers) in this novel and extensive summer program that will takes place at Mekelle University, for a duration of 1 3/4 months (July and August). The Tutoring/Mentoring program will be focusing on Natural Science, Language and IT fields, namely, Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Computer Science.
What does GSTS-MU offer to successful tutors?
- Free Accommodation and Food Service during the whole program duration + one week preparation time
- Attractive Pocket money, covering for the 7 weeks program duration + 1 week preparation time– The amount and mechanism of payment will be notified at the time of contract in the presence of both sides.
- Participation certificate and other related benefits
- Possible project sponsorship for their graduation final project
- Package of E- Materials (Softwares, Programs, Articles, etc.), Access to Internet etc.
- Opportunity to detail interaction with GSTS-MU professionals, enabling for further personal and professional development prospects, such as scholarships, trainings etc.
Interested applicants need to send the following scanned documents to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org in a single email, starting from the date of announcement. The deadline is set for 15/06/2016 at 18:00 (CET) or 12 Sene 2008 E.C at 2:00 evening (Ethiopian Calendar). Results of successful candidates will be announced on 20/06/2015 (CET) or 17, Sene 2008 E.C
Documents needed for application (all scanned):
- Final Grade report (if possible recent cumulative grade report)
- Motivation letter (why you want to apply to this program?
- Recommendation letter(s)
- Certificates such as teaching experience or other community services are encouraged
- Female applicants are highly encouraged